Panama City’s International Schools That Cater To Bilingual Students
June 4, 2009
“Kathleen, thank you for your newsletter. It’s very good!
“I have been considering the possibility of a move to Panama. I have two children, ages 13 and 15. They’re seventh and ninth graders. Could you give me information on the schooling prospects for Panama City? I found the websites for the Balboa Academy and the International School of Panama, and the costs are US$8,000 to US$10,000 per child per year.
“Are there any other possibilities? Other bilingual schools that are reputable? The meltdown has only begun here in the United States, and I’m seriously thinking about leaving if I can arrange my finances to do so.”
— Lee F., United States
Panama City is one of the two best choices in Latin America if you’re looking to relocate with school-aged children (the other is San Jose, Costa Rica).
Here are other options for bilingual (Spanish-English) elementary education in the Panama capital:
- Academia Interamericana de Panama: www.aip.edu.pa; US$1,200 a year
- Canadian International School Panama: http://canadianschool.edu.pa/web/; US$7,500 a year
- Colegio La Salle: www.lasalle.edu.pa; US$1,450
- Colegio St. Mary’s: http://www.stmarypa.com/; US$1,550
- The Lincoln Academy: www.thelincolnacademy.edu.pa/periodico.htm; US$1,400
- Colegio Europeo Panama: www.colegioeuropeo.org; Grades 1-6 US$2,000 a year; Grades 7-9 US$2,600 a year
- Crossroads Christian Academy: www.ccapanama.com; Grades 1-5 $3,100 a year; Grades 6-8 US$3,400 a year