Moving Retirement Account Funds Offshore…


“I’m thinking of cashing out my 401K/retirement accounts and paying the taxes. I’m 60. I would then take the money out of the United States entirely. How should I see about doing that?”

–W.V., United States

Remember that you can roll over your 401K into an IRA and set up an IRA structure to invest the IRA monies outside the United States. That way you could move the assets offshore but retain the tax deferral until you actually withdraw the funds.

Continue reading: Lifestyles In Belize




Your New Life In Panama

About Author

Live And Invest Overseas

Live and Invest Overseas is the world's savviest source for top opportunities to live better, retire in style, invest for profit, do business, and own real estate overseas. Established in 2008, the Live and Invest Overseas' editors and correspondents have more experience researching and reporting on top opportunities for living well, investing for profit, doing business, and owning real estate around the world than anyone else you'll find.