“Ms. Peddicord, I would first like to thank you for all of the information regarding overseas retirement options. You have opened my mind to the possibilities outside of the USA. I am a 63-year-old single woman and only have a retirement income of US$1,500/month. I would like to find a place where I could exist comfortably on that. I have a very adventurous spirit but also wish to be cautious as I would be venturing out alone.
“Are there any places that stand out as best options for someone such as me? Any advice would be truly appreciated.”
–Debbie B., United States
Indeed. On that monthly income you have several good choices, depending what kind of lifestyle you’re in the market for, including:
- Ecuador—you could retire anywhere in this country on US$1,500 per month…
- Nicaragua—again, your budget would buy you a comfortable, interesting, and adventure-filled retirement anywhere in this country…
- Panama—not in Panama City but in the mountainous interior of the country or on the coast outside the most developed regions…
- Thailand—in most of this country, your monthly income would support a top-shelf retirement
- Vietnam—more exotic but also even more affordable
- Philippines—where you could get along with English only if you wanted
This is the kind of thinking we’ll do during this year’s Retire Overseas Conference. Ecuador, Nicaragua, Panama, Thailand, Vietnam, and Philippines are all on the featured haven list for this special event…along with 15 other countries.
Continue reading: Retire To Loja, Ecuador