Here are the most beautiful off-the-grid island escapes to explore in Central America:
1. Coiba Island, Panama: This is the largest island in Central America and was once used as a high security prison. It’s now a protected nature preserve with some of the best snorkeling in Panama.
2. Roatán, Honduras: A popular cruise stop destination with a range of real estate opportunities.
3. San Blas Islands, Panama: An archipelago made up of over 300 pristine islands and home to Panama’s native Guna tribes. You could literally spend almost an entire year island hopping.
4. Ambergris Caye, Belize: This is one of our favorite retirement destinations to live the ultimate laid-back Caribbean lifestyle.
5. Pearl Islands, Panama: Once home to a few Survivor series and just a quick ferry or plane ride from Panama City, this is set to be the next exclusive island getaway for the rich and famous with Trump and Ritz setting up hotels there.
6. Utila, Honduras: Located near Roatán but much smaller and less developed.
7. Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua: An island formed by TWO volcanoes rising from Lake Nicaragua.
8. Zapatillas Island, Panama: Gorgeous island in Bocas del Toro, Panama with white sand, stunning blue water, and no one else around.
9. Corn Islands, Nicaragua: Two islands located about 70 km off the Caribbean coast of Nicaragua with beautiful coves and underwater caves.
10. Iguana Island, Panama: Located off the coast of Pedasi, Panama this island is home to clear turquoise waters and lots of marine wildlife.