TripAdvisor has completed a survey based on their website’s reviews of the world’s beaches. The results were based on thousands of reviews from travellers all over the world.
The title of world’s best beach has gone to Rabbit Beach in Italy. The travel site describes it as, “Caribbean colors, white beach, unique setting. The crystal clear sea makes it difficult to leave,” The beach is located on the island of Lampedusa, which is formally part of Sicily, despite being more than 100 miles from it.
Three-hundred forty-six people gave Rabbit Beach the excellent certificate, with only one strange traveller calling it terrible.
The survey is certainly something to consider if you want to live overseas. Who wouldn’t want to be beside one of the most desirable sands on the planet?
Here are the top 25 beaches in the world
1. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
3. Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia
4. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
5. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
6. Playa de las Catedrales, Ribadeo, Spain
7. Lopes Mendes Beach, Ilha Grande, Brazil
8. Horseshoe Bay Beach, Southampton Parish, Bermuda
9. Eagle Beach, Aruba
10. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
11. Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo, Cuba
12. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
13. Chesterman Beach, Tofino, Canada
14. Playa del Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
15. Ka’anapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii, United States
16. Siesta Key Public Beach, Sarasota, Florida, United States
17. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
18. Gulf Islands National Seashore, Pensacola, Florida, United States
19. Turquoise Bay Exmouth, Exmouth, Australia
20. Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
21. Akumal Beach, Akumal, Mexico
22. The Baths, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
23. Seven Mile Beach, George Town, Grand Cayman
24. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
25. Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, England