We’re preparing for our annual Retire Overseas Conference. During this virtual event, our far-flung Live and Invest Overseas team will showcase the 21 best places to think about reinventing your life.
Doing some soul searching by answering this “Know Yourself Questionnaire” is Step 1 in figuring out where in the world would be the ideal place for you to think about reinventing your life overseas.
Topics the “Know Yourself Questionnaire” touches on are:
- Climate. Do you enjoy a change of season? Do you like regular sunshine? Do you mind the rain? Can you handle heat and humidity?
- Health Care. Do you have a preexisting condition? Are you older than 75?
- Infrastructure. Does your work require reliable Internet? Do you mind living at the end of a dirt road? Do you need American television? Would you mind if your electricity goes out?
- Accessibility to your home country. Do you have children or grandchildren back home that you would like to visit regularly?
- Language. Do you speak a second language? Would you be willing to learn a new language?
- Culture, Recreation, and Entertainment. What’s your favorite thing to do on a Friday night? Would you rather go to a museum or a long walk in the woods? How regularly would you like to dine out?
- Taxes. From where will you derive your income in retirement? Will you have a pension?
- Education and Schools. If you are planning to move with school-age children, this will be the main topic for deciding where to move.
- Safety. Are you a woman living alone? Are you moving with children? Do protests bother you?
Have you got a question? Submit it here.
Keep in mind that your comment or question could be answered in a future podcast. Also, your first name, last name initial, and country of residence as submitted will be mentioned in the podcast.
Subscribe to our Newsletter here.
Overseas Living Clubhouse
Join our Overseas Living Clubhouse here.