We’re preparing for our annual Retire Overseas Conference. During this virtual event, our far-flung Live and Invest Overseas team will showcase the 21 best places to think about reinventing your life.
Doing some soul searching by answering this “Know Yourself Questionnaire” is Step 1 in figuring out where in the world would be the ideal place for you to think about reinventing your life overseas.
Topics the “Know Yourself Questionnaire” touches on are:
- Climate. Do you enjoy a change of season? Do you like regular sunshine? Do you mind the rain? Can you handle heat and humidity?
- Health Care. Do you have a preexisting condition? Are you older than 75?
- Infrastructure. Does your work require reliable Internet? Do you mind living at the end of a dirt road? Do you need American television? Would you mind if your electricity goes out?
- Accessibility to your home country. Do you have children or grandchildren back home that you would like to visit regularly?
- Language. Do you speak a second language? Would you be willing to learn a new language?
- Culture, Recreation, and Entertainment. What’s your favorite thing to do on a Friday night? Would you rather go to a museum or a long walk in the woods? How regularly would you like to dine out?
- Taxes. From where will you derive your income in retirement? Will you have a pension?
- Education and Schools. If you are planning to move with school-age children, this will be the main topic for deciding where to move.
- Safety. Are you a woman living alone? Are you moving with children? Do protests bother you?
Have you got a question? Submit it here.
Keep in mind that your comment or question could be answered in a future podcast. Also, your first name, last name initial, and country of residence as submitted will be mentioned in the podcast.