Do you want to find a towering husband or wife? Then you should focus your attention on the following ten countries.
Here are the 10 countries with the tallest people
10. Australia: Apparently Australians are growing even taller. Australian men have an average height of 5 foot 9 inches. However, among the youngest men in Australia, average height is around 6-foot.
9. United States: The United States has a huge mix of different ethnic backgrounds hence the reason the United States is on this list is hard to simply explain. It is a country that has huge differences in health care, living standards, and diet. Additionally, some ethnic groups in the United States are very tall, while others tend to have a much shorter stature.
8. Greece: You may not associate the Greeks with height, yet here they are. The Mediterranean outdoor lifestyle of sunshine and healthy diet might be a factor here.
7. Germany: Since the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, German living standards have risen to be among the very best in the world. Nutrition and health are, therefore, very good. This helps to explain why Germans have been getting taller in recent generations.
6. Finland: Vaino Myllyrinne of Finland is considered the tallest soldier ever, having served in the Finnish Defense Forces. For some time he was (1940-1957) considered the world’s tallest person. He stood 7 feet 3.5 inches at the age of 21, but continued growing slowly until his late thirties when he attaining a final height of 8 feet 3 inches.
5. Estonia: A high quality of life may not seem to be a reason for tall Estonians, but one important factor contributing to their height may be genetics. The nation does share an ethnic background with the Finns.
4. Norway: Apart from the clear heredity influences, standards of living in Scandinavian nations are usually very high, with Norway ranked by the United Nations as having the world’s second-highest standard of living.
3. Denmark: Among military conscripts, Danish men averaged an impressive 5 feet 11 inches. Again, the Scandinavian genes and comfortable, healthy lifestyle are the main factors here.
2. Sweden: In this country the average height of guys is a towering 5 feet 11 inches. Are you starting to notice a trend yet?
1. Netherlands: The Netherlands is the tallest country in the world, where the average height of men is an incredible six feet. This is supported by the fact that the Dutch government recently promised to change building regulations to increase the height of doorways, as the population has grown in recent generations.