Diversifying overseas is more important than ever but it can be intimidating if it’s your first time.
Here are 8 points you should consider:
- How much space do you need? Do you want an apartment or house? Would you like 1 bedroom or 2? Would you prefer two levels or only one? Will you have guests often? Will you want a guest room or a guest house?
- Would you like to have a front yard, back garden, swimming pool? These amenities are very important to consider individually because each comes with a cost of care and maintenance.
- Do you want to be in the city or the country? Would you like to be in a local neighborhood or a neighborhood of expats? Think of what do you want your lifestyle day-to-day to look like.
- What type of property are you looking for? A Gated community or integrated setting (to live a more local lifestyle)? Keep in mind, going local means learning the language.
- How far is the property to parking, restaurant, medical care, shopping, etc.?
- Will you be buying furnished or unfurnished?
- What is your budget? Be clear on your finances before you start shopping.
- What kind of view would you like from your bedroom window each morning?
Have you got a question? Submit it here.
Keep in mind that your comment or question could be answered in a future podcast. Also, your first name, last name initial, and country of residence as submitted will be mentioned in the podcast.
Subscribe to our Newsletter here.
Overseas Living Clubhouse
Join our Overseas Living Clubhouse here.