Diversifying overseas is more important than ever but it can be intimidating if it’s your first time.
Here are 8 points you should consider:
- How much space do you need? Do you want an apartment or house? Would you like 1 bedroom or 2? Would you prefer two levels or only one? Will you have guests often? Will you want a guest room or a guest house?
- Would you like to have a front yard, back garden, swimming pool? These amenities are very important to consider individually because each comes with a cost of care and maintenance.
- Do you want to be in the city or the country? Would you like to be in a local neighborhood or a neighborhood of expats? Think of what do you want your lifestyle day-to-day to look like.
- What type of property are you looking for? A Gated community or integrated setting (to live a more local lifestyle)? Keep in mind, going local means learning the language.
- How far is the property to parking, restaurant, medical care, shopping, etc.?
- Will you be buying furnished or unfurnished?
- What is your budget? Be clear on your finances before you start shopping.
- What kind of view would you like from your bedroom window each morning?
Have you got a question? Submit it here.
Keep in mind that your comment or question could be answered in a future podcast. Also, your first name, last name initial, and country of residence as submitted will be mentioned in the podcast.
Overseas Living Clubhouse