Live In Uruguay
Ever Considered Living in Uruguay? You Should!
Uruguay is a diplomatic country and can offer space and shelter to any person, from any country of the world.
If you’re looking for a new life to start abroad, Uruguay should be near the top of your list of considerations.
Whether you want to be living on the beach or in the city, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Uruguay.
Life in Uruguay is exactly what you make of it.
Americans in Uruguay
It may surprise you to learn that there are many Americans living in Uruguay – 2,800 living there full time as of 2013, and that number is growing.
Over the years America and Uruguay have strengthened their bonds by establishing diplomatic relations.
If you still have children, one of the most important consideration is the level of education in Uruguay.
Good education Uruguay has made a mark as it has a Uruguayan American school which serves both the American children as well as Uruguayan nationals.
Pros of living in Uruguay
Living in Uruguay can prove to be great in general, and in particular for Americans.
Following are some of the reasons why…
- Being incredibly peaceful, Uruguay was voted “country of the year” in 2013.
- It’s an amazing democratic state, which offers the fundamental rights to everyone who lives there.
- It’s not over crowded, and people are free to simply go about their businesses.
- The country is politically stable.
- You can find people here from all around the world, so you’ll get to meet different people, make friends, and expand your horizons.
- Uruguay is surprisingly easy to get around in and you can travel pretty much in any way you want.
- Walk on foot, take a train, or even ride a bicycle. And you don’t have to worry about bumping into banditos like you might in other countries.
- Uruguay has wonderful daycares. It might seem foreign to leave your children in somebody else’s hands in a foreign country but many Americans grow to appreciate the level of care children get in Uruguay, often claiming it far superior to what they get back home.
- The east coast of Uruguay, in particular, is beautiful like nowhere else on earth.
Cons of Living in Uruguay
Of course, living anywhere has its downsides, and here are the few for Uruguay:
After all, nothing is perfect and here are some of the cons associated with living in Uruguay:
- Uruguay is quite a bit more expensive than many Central American countries.
- While you can have quick temporary access to government services like healthcare, the residency process itself is slightly time-consuming.
- While the weather is more moderate than it is in many areas of the US, Uruguay is still quite humid which throws many Americans off.
Uruguay is a beautiful place to live.
However, the pros and cons must be kept in mind, and thorough research must be done before taking a decision to move here.
- Live in Uruguay
- Retire in Uruguay
- Move to Uruguay
- Health Care in Uruguay
- Work in Uruguay
- Real Estate in Uruguay
- Invest in Uruguay
- Travel in Uruguay
- Climate in Uruguay
- Uruguay Visa and Residency Information
- Taxes In Uruguay
- Banking In Uruguay
- Uruguay Facts and Figures
- Economy In Uruguay
- Infrastructure in Uruguay
- Uruguay Resources
- Map of Uruguay